Sunday, May 3, 2009

EDM 310 Podcasts

I listened to my own group's pod casts from Technology Talk: Conversations with Future Teachers . Our podcast topic was on "Burp Back Education". This is where teachers steadily spit out information and the students simply 'burp' it back. So our group broke down the meaning of 'burp back' and ways to improve or eliminate it in the classroom. For me I feel I kept it short when I could of elaborated more on the specific question. I actually had more information to share on ways to improve 'burp back' in the classroom, but with my nerves I totally forgot about them. My fellow group members I feel elaborated well on the topic, they both had enough information to share within the time frame. The only suggestion I have for them would be to seem more natural, not to read from the notes.
The other pod casts I listened to were also from our EDM 310 class. The most common thing amongst all the groups were being nervous, talking to fast, and needing to make more conversation. We all have nerves when doing something new, so before starting taking a deep breath and relaxing may be helpful. Talking to fast, I have this problem, is a common problem because of the nerves. To improve on this having bulleted notes to look over could be helpful. Making conversation is part of what we do in daily life, but when there is mic in front of you it doesn't seem as natural. So just relaxing as if we are in a natural conversation will help to get through the pod casts.
Overall, the pod casts for our class went pretty good. The ten minute time frame I felt was appropriate for our first pod casts. The next pod casts we do, if we do, we will be better prepared and more relaxed thanks to our first experience in EDM 310.

No comments:

Post a Comment