Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blogging Experiences

I read over Marlena Marsh's blog from Mrs. Averitt's EDM class fall 2008. Reading over her experiences with blogging I would say I agree with some of her comments. Who knew you could use blogging in the classroom with students? We both found out that you could use blogs in the classroom. The technology learned in this class will be useful for the both of us. I will use blogging in my curriculum as she will too.
Blogging is a plus for students because it is another way for them to express themselves within the class. Doing this students can get help from other students in the class. You could also have students post their opinions about tests they have taken and some changes you may need to make. Also teachers can post assignments on the blog for students. Blogging and the internet itself is great for teachers because there is an endless file of lessons to use.
Amongst positives are negatives as well. Some negatives of blogging in the classroom are some students may not have access to do this. Students may get bored, as they do with other things. This could be avoided by adding fun things to the blogs and not just assignments and readings. The most negative is probably having young students on the internet, although we will provide a safe website you have to take precautions.
Overall technology in the classroom is a great idea. I will use the tools of technology learned in EDM 310 for my future classes. Blogging I feel will be the most useful in the classroom. I will use it to spread good news to the students and their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment