Monday, May 4, 2009

EDM 310 Experience

At the beginning of this semester I felt taking a computer class was to easy, I done this so many times before. EDM 31o though has been different. I have never blogged before this class, I felt it was pointless. With this class I have found blogging to be useful to me as a future teacher. I will most definitely be able to use blogs in my classroom with students from posting important alerts to posting fun facts. Using Google Docs in our class was great. I had never heard of it before, but am glad we used it. Google Docs has word documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoint's, and more I'm sure. Using these programs over the Internet was better then having to get them through Microsoft Word or other programs. I don't have these programs on my computer so using the Google Docs was helpful.
The PowerPoint we did in class from Goggle Docs was easy to use and access. The PowerPoint topic we were given was a good topic, just anything about our self. Presenting the PowerPoint to the class was nerve racking for me because in front of the class I get very nervous. I sped through my presentation, but I got it done. Spreadsheets are also available on Google Docs with all the necessary formulas and symbols. I haven't used spreadsheets on a daily basis so I really didn't know how to use it. Using spreadsheets was easier then I thought. With the right directions it was easy to use the formulas and come up with the correct answers. The easy part for me ends there, I didn't get the hang of it. The program is easy to use, I just didn't know the correct formulas to use.
One of the websites I am excited to have learned about is Delicious.com. Having a bookmark website for all of my lesson plan sites is great. Just saving them on one computer isn't helpful unless you are on that computer. So,yes, i will be using this in the future to organize my favorite websites.
Before this class I had not heard of ACCESS or ALEX. ACCESS is useful for high school students wanting to take Advanced Placement courses (AP). With the ACCESS lab all usual subjects are available. ALEX I would be more likely to use because I am majoring in Elementary Education. I would use this website for lesson plans.
EDM 310 has been a great class and has given me useful information for me as a future teacher. I have enjoyed learning about all of these websites and programs. The one thing I would have liked to learn more about is Picasa. We went over it once, but I enjoy learning about photography programs on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment