Monday, March 2, 2009

Alice Christie's Website



Dr. Alice Christie's website is a great resource for teachers and future teachers. Her site has information on workshops, educational technology, GPS and geocaching, web design, searching the web, photography, and searching the web. Specifically web design I felt was interesting because as a future teacher I plan on using technology in my classroom. To do this my web page should be easy to use for young students. I don't know much about how that part works so reading the information she has presented, has informed me on that part of the subject.

Dr. Christie has links to help you on different aspects of web design. Design principles sets you up on design tips, good designs and bad designs, resizing photos, adding text to photos, and using photos to create text. She also provides a toolkit, a way to capture images. Using tables, tables can be used to create charts, schedules, and positioning clip art. She has a rubric to look over as well as tips to get you started. She provides information about copyright issues. Click here for more information on Dr. Alice Christie.

No comments:

Post a Comment